Newbie Ride 5/15

Moderator: Board of Directors

fdkss03

Re: Newbie Ride 5/15

Post by fdkss03 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:27 am

I yelled for him to stop... but must have been in the moment of doing it, cause I dont think he heard me, and over he went.
Overall was a good trip though, other than the tumble. :smt104 We ran blue and blacks the whole day. The other group ran Green, Blues at least they said thats what they were doing.

For a newbie ride, with no real "newbies" in our group I think it was a great trip. Other than Brent flopping, and the random climb out of the one hole. BTW, it was a "poser" shot as there was no where to go once on top, except to back into the hole, hence not climbing all the way up.
What is a "free" gift ? Aren't all gifts free?
99 Black TJ - Frederick MD

halltrail
The Board
The Board

Post by halltrail » Mon May 17, 2010 11:35 am

looks like you guys had fun...except for the flop on the ramp...that had to bring a little bit of :oops:

What blacks did you guys run? I saw what looked to be the far left of the 4 lines up the trail 5 hill climb...brent, was that you on the main line up the trail 5 hill climb? Looked like trail purple 13 in there too...
99 TJ, 3spd auto, 4.5" BDS Lift, JKS 1.25" BL/1" MML, SYE, 36" TSL Bias, D44 rear - ARB locker, HP44-spool upfront, 4.56 gears, Hydro assist.

frosty

Post by frosty » Mon May 17, 2010 11:37 am

fdkss03 wrote:BTW, it was a "poser" shot as there was no where to go once on top, except to back into the hole, hence not climbing all the way up.
I've heard otherwise and that he failed to climb out of there. Why he even tried when it wasnt part of the trail is beyond me. You have an entire park of stuff to run and if you wanted to run a trail like that then I am sure you could have found it. But trying to run up and out of the trail and possibly tearing up the grass and what not in the process is retarded plain and simple.

And people wonder why we have little to no free wheeling. :roll:
[quote]We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold.[/quote]

81cj8

Post by 81cj8 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:42 am

What kind of cowl is this??

frosty

Post by frosty » Mon May 17, 2010 11:52 am

No idea what kind of cowl but it looks like a bonafide cock sniffer behind the wheel. You couldnt just be content with running through the crap but instead you have to try to get up and out into an area that clearly isnt part of the trail? Seriously?

What a retard.
Attachments
P5150016.JPG
[quote]We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold.[/quote]

fdkss03

Post by fdkss03 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:58 am

Guess there should have been a "veteran" there on the "newbie ride" to splain to him not to go up out of that...

81cj8

Post by 81cj8 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:02 pm

I wasn't tryin to get the guy basked on, damn, just asking about the cowl..never seen one with 3 openings.

ripster

Post by ripster » Mon May 17, 2010 12:04 pm

fdkss03 wrote:For a newbie ride, with no real "newbies" in our group I think it was a great trip.
fdkss03 wrote:Guess there should have been a "veteran" there on the "newbie ride" to splain to him not to go up out of that...
Okay there weren't any newbs present, nor any veterans... :roll:

fdkss03

Post by fdkss03 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:06 pm

ripster wrote:
fdkss03 wrote:For a newbie ride, with no real "newbies" in our group I think it was a great trip.
fdkss03 wrote:Guess there should have been a "veteran" there on the "newbie ride" to splain to him not to go up out of that...
yes.... :shock:
all of our jeeps were equipped, and it wasn't anyones first or 2nd time out...
Also there were no real experienced people out there to guide us per say either.

frosty

Post by frosty » Mon May 17, 2010 12:11 pm

Why should someone have to explain that you should stay on the trail. There should be some level of common sense at some point.

Keith_c

Post by Keith_c » Mon May 17, 2010 12:12 pm

81cj8 wrote:I wasn't tryin to get the guy basked on, damn, just asking about the cowl..never seen one with 3 openings.
Seems to me the 97's were like that.

Changed in 98.

ripster

Post by ripster » Mon May 17, 2010 12:12 pm

fdkss03 wrote:
ripster wrote:
yes.... :shock:
all of our jeeps were equipped, and it wasn't anyones first or 2nd time out...
Also there were no real experienced people out there to guide us per say either.
Translation: We all knew what we were doing, but not enough to follow the rules.

fdkss03

Post by fdkss03 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:14 pm

frosty wrote:Why should someone have to explain that you should stay on the trail. There should be some level of common sense at some point.
I was in the trail... maybe should wait for Boodyrider to chime in on this, since thats him :popcorn:

fdkss03

Post by fdkss03 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:15 pm

So I am not following the rules because of someone else that is behind me in the pack goes off the trail?
Hmm, seems fair.

relwell

Post by relwell » Mon May 17, 2010 12:17 pm

I think the general point is we are really strict on staying to the trails here at MJC, the few trails we have left. We do cleanups, we petition, and we jump on every post about illegal wheeling. Every month here there is an issue with the legality and the right way and places to wheel - look at the Hagerstown thread and how that is still kicking...because we want it done right.

Stay on the trails, there was enough stuff there for everyone. And that lip presented no challenge to your equipped Jeeps that couldn't be found a dozen other places. I don't know if he got up there or not, but it looks like thats where it was going. A lot of people take wheeling very seriously, and don't want to hear about people playing Little Johnny Pathfinder. You can have fun and still stay on target. Do a barrel Roll!

I don't think anyone is accusing you fdk, just challenging your apparent defense of it...although I will admit I didn't read all of this thread.
98 TJ