Tire installation

Non model specific questions

Moderator: Board of Directors

Post Reply
Tripwire
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: Highland

Tire installation

Post by Tripwire » Thu May 16, 2013 1:22 pm

So the tires and rims that I ordered are coming today (supposedly). I was planning on swapping them out myself, anything special that I need to pay more attention to?

I ordered ProComp Xtreme M/T2 Radial Tire on 51 Series Steel Wheel, 33x12.50R17 on 17" x 9" 4.5" BS
Aidan/AJ

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

frosty
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 1449
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:56 pm
Location: Between here and there
Contact:

Re: Tire installation

Post by frosty » Thu May 16, 2013 1:55 pm

Just make sure to pay attention to what order you take the lugnuts off. Dont want to get them mixed it. Other than that its pretty straight forward.
[quote]We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold.[/quote]

User avatar
gone4x4
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:29 am

Re: Tire installation

Post by gone4x4 » Thu May 16, 2013 2:25 pm

frosty wrote:Just make sure to pay attention to what order you take the lugnuts off. Dont want to get them mixed it. .
really?
steve
2-2000 XJ's
1-1996 XJ
1-2001 F350 7.3

User avatar
wesleypipesyo
Autoerotic Post Whore
Autoerotic Post Whore
Posts: 9199
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:46 pm
Location: United Socialist States of America
Contact:

Re: Tire installation

Post by wesleypipesyo » Thu May 16, 2013 2:45 pm

gone4x4 wrote:
frosty wrote:Just make sure to pay attention to what order you take the lugnuts off. Dont want to get them mixed it. .
really?

Yup, they go on out of order it will unbalance your axle shaft.
:jeff
jeepboy wrote:I'm not a fan of electric lime so I'm in!
NavinRJohnson wrote: And I was like: you want an angle grinder to the face old man?
clicky

01-20-13

User avatar
OrangeSpear
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1056
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:38 am
Location: owings mills
Contact:

Re: Tire installation

Post by OrangeSpear » Thu May 16, 2013 2:50 pm

do you have a tire changer?

User avatar
gone4x4
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:29 am

Re: Tire installation

Post by gone4x4 » Thu May 16, 2013 5:16 pm

wesleypipesyo wrote:
gone4x4 wrote:
frosty wrote:Just make sure to pay attention to what order you take the lugnuts off. Dont want to get them mixed it. .
really?

Yup, they go on out of order it will unbalance your axle shaft.
hmmmm,smells like bullshit to me!!
steve
2-2000 XJ's
1-1996 XJ
1-2001 F350 7.3

User avatar
wesleypipesyo
Autoerotic Post Whore
Autoerotic Post Whore
Posts: 9199
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:46 pm
Location: United Socialist States of America
Contact:

Re: Tire installation

Post by wesleypipesyo » Thu May 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Random smells for no reason can be a sign of a seizure
:jeff
jeepboy wrote:I'm not a fan of electric lime so I'm in!
NavinRJohnson wrote: And I was like: you want an angle grinder to the face old man?
clicky

01-20-13

User avatar
gone4x4
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:29 am

Re: Tire installation

Post by gone4x4 » Thu May 16, 2013 6:32 pm

that is entirely possible at my age, but yousz shouldnt bullshit people that dont have mad tech skillz like im sure a bunch of y'all have.
steve
2-2000 XJ's
1-1996 XJ
1-2001 F350 7.3

User avatar
gone4x4
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:29 am

Re: Tire installation

Post by gone4x4 » Thu May 16, 2013 6:33 pm

Tripwire wrote:So the tires and rims that I ordered are coming today (supposedly). I was planning on swapping them out myself, anything special that I need to pay more attention to?

I ordered ProComp Xtreme M/T2 Radial Tire on 51 Series Steel Wheel, 33x12.50R17 on 17" x 9" 4.5" BS
if ya got tire pressure monitors, ya need somebody you can blame to switch-em, they can be expensive
steve
2-2000 XJ's
1-1996 XJ
1-2001 F350 7.3

Tripwire
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: Highland

Re: Tire installation

Post by Tripwire » Fri May 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Thanks for the replies all. Threw the new tires on yesterday, they came with tire sensors and the Jeep "learned" them.... If I wasn't in love with the wrangler before, now I certainly am. Image

The ride is really nice, compared to what I have felt in my friends trucks with their big tires. I have not encountered any rubbing so far, and after 160 ish miles they still feel great.
Aidan/AJ

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

User avatar
Boodyrider
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:15 pm
Location: Westminster, MD

Re: Tire installation

Post by Boodyrider » Fri May 17, 2013 10:37 pm

Tripwire wrote:they came with tire sensors

Who did you buy them from? That's a GREAT deal!
97 TJ. It has some stuff.

User avatar
wesleypipesyo
Autoerotic Post Whore
Autoerotic Post Whore
Posts: 9199
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:46 pm
Location: United Socialist States of America
Contact:

Re: Tire installation

Post by wesleypipesyo » Fri May 17, 2013 11:32 pm

gone4x4 wrote:that is entirely possible at my age, but yousz shouldnt bullshit people that dont have mad tech skillz like im sure a bunch of y'all have.

I came close to knocking myself out cold twice trying to put one tire on a rim backwards a few years back. My tech skilz are pretty mad
:jeff
jeepboy wrote:I'm not a fan of electric lime so I'm in!
NavinRJohnson wrote: And I was like: you want an angle grinder to the face old man?
clicky

01-20-13

Tripwire
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: Highland

Re: Tire installation

Post by Tripwire » Sat May 18, 2013 12:35 am

I picked these up, first time ordering from Quadtratec, definitely not the last, I was very pleased with them.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92609 ... 5_B_PG.htm
Aidan/AJ

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

User avatar
gone4x4
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:29 am

Re: Tire installation

Post by gone4x4 » Sat May 18, 2013 7:22 am

lookin good Trip!
steve
2-2000 XJ's
1-1996 XJ
1-2001 F350 7.3

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest