rear wiper motor wiring 97 tj

YJ, TJ, JK

Moderator: Board of Directors

1 BIG JEEP
Trail Rated
Trail Rated

rear wiper motor wiring 97 tj

Post by 1 BIG JEEP » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:47 pm

Does/can anyone post a pic of the rear wiper wiring for a 97 tj ? I don't seem to have ANY power going TO the switch ? It IS a good fuse ! I'm asking cause I think I need the rear wiper to go through insp, right ? Anyway I would like the damn thing to work.

Cowboy
Got Tow-strap?
Got Tow-strap?

Re: rear wiper motor wiring 97 tj

Post by Cowboy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:28 pm

I would just take the wiper arm off for inspection. If it’s not there it doesn’t need to work. Pretty sure the rear wiper isn’t a requirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'16 JK Rubicon
'16 JK-U Rubicon
'18 JK-U Altitude
'18 H-D Street Glide
Past Jeeps:'14 JK-U Rubicon, '05 Deflowered TJ Rubicon, '87 YJ Laredo

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
- Frank Sinatra

1 BIG JEEP
Trail Rated
Trail Rated

Post by 1 BIG JEEP » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:50 pm

Thanks Cowboy, wasn't sure if that were the case or not. Still would like at some point in time to get the think working. I searched the internet and found a post with the wiring, but when I tried to find it again I couldn't. Oh, well ???? Thanks again.

Cowboy
Got Tow-strap?
Got Tow-strap?

Post by Cowboy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:40 pm

I would have tried helping with pictures, but I traded my TJ for a JK a couple years ago...I don’t know if the wiring is the same, the plugs are different IIRC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'16 JK Rubicon
'16 JK-U Rubicon
'18 JK-U Altitude
'18 H-D Street Glide
Past Jeeps:'14 JK-U Rubicon, '05 Deflowered TJ Rubicon, '87 YJ Laredo

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
- Frank Sinatra

1 BIG JEEP
Trail Rated
Trail Rated

Post by 1 BIG JEEP » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:42 am

It's really not a big deal, just wish I could find why I can't get power from the fuse block TO the switch ? I'm guessing the power leaves the fuse and goes straight to the switch, (no relay), if there is a relay I would think it would be AFTER the switch, that's the normal way to do wiring ? I have traced the wire back to the plug from the switch and it is good, now IF I had power to the switch, the motor should run. The one pic I had showed power going from the fuse block straight to the switch, I pulled the plug from the back of the switch, and couldn't find any wire with power from the fuse? I'm going to go mess with it some more. Oh, one more thing, the 'color code' for the switch ISN'T there, SOOOOOOOOOOOOO, maybe there is something between the fuse and the switch ? Thanks.