Front seat storage box,

YJ, TJ, JK

Moderator: Board of Directors

1 BIG JEEP
Trail Rated
Trail Rated

Front seat storage box,

Post by 1 BIG JEEP » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:53 pm

Has anyone installed one of the security boxes under the drivers seat in a TJ, and how did you retighten the seat bolts? Tried a 13mm wrench, socket, there just isn't any room. Has to be a trick. Thanks.

m-l_johnny

Re: Front seat storage box,

Post by m-l_johnny » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:57 pm

I'm not familiar with what you're trying to do, but I'll comment anyway... :mrgreen:
Is there room to get a ratcheting box wrench in there?

I have a set of SAE and there are places on my Jeep that would be difficult to get to with out them.

Hi. I'm Johnny.... And I'm a Jeep addict....

'76 CJ7 money pit of fun.
pics here

I am not Jonny Throttle.

Yes, I really am as stupid as I look.

1 BIG JEEP
Trail Rated
Trail Rated

Post by 1 BIG JEEP » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:24 pm

It's a storage box that bolts under the front seat. The way the seat 'riser' is built, when I put the box under the seat, I couldn't reach to start the seat bolts. It's kinda funny, cause I know they have sold a bunch of these boxes. There is something I haven't figured out yet, that somebody knows. The ratchet wrench just might work, I'll double check the clearance. Looking at it more, I'm now thinking a 13mm, 1/4 drive socket and universal with extension might get in there to retighten the bolts. What a PITA!

Scott B.
Web Wheeler
Web Wheeler

Post by Scott B. » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:52 am

Did you ever get it in there? I have plans to add the same box to my TJ.
Scott

2002 TJ / 6 cyl / 3550 / 35" MTZs / 4" Pro Comp / Awaiting D44s

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell
"The measure of a man’s greatness is not determined by what he accomplishes for himself, but by what he accomplishes for others.” -- Some Bald Guy

1 BIG JEEP
Trail Rated
Trail Rated

Post by 1 BIG JEEP » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:30 pm

I did. w a p I t a, it was. Only took a week, and a niece with small hands, and long fingers to start the bolts. Used a 1/4in drive socket set, it was the ONLY thing that would fit between the seat risers and the box.( Some of the 'risers' are flat where they bolt to the floor, mine are 'U' shaped). Only problem is when the seat is slid back, the box is in the way of the slide handle. A piece of string (old shoe lace) around the seat slider release should solve that. Great idea, as it's out of sight/mind, for important stuff.

renbert

Post by renbert » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:52 am

Another option is to have a storage behind the rear seat. One example is the Bestop instatrunk.