balance beads in tire..

YJ, TJ, JK

Moderator: Board of Directors

tyler

balance beads in tire..

Post by tyler » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:27 am

ok before i break my tires down again......i added 8 oz of airsoft pellets to my swampers since rocks ripped my weights off.... as per the chart it said for 36x12.50 15, i needed 8oz per tire......works great till about 50mph and shakes its ass off....question is.... do i have too muck or too little? any ideas? im def NOT looking forward to manually breaking my tires down again. thanks!

Dynosoar

Re: balance beads in tire..

Post by Dynosoar » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:45 pm

I want to say you need more. I think I have more than that in my tires and I have 35's.
'03 TJ - RE long arms - ARB's - 35" Baja Claw TTC's - Revolution chromoly D44 rear - HP D30 front with Warn hub conversion - Teraflex high steer system - Rock Hard sport cage - Rough Country rear track bar - Halltrail engine skid - Rampage rear bumper - Engo 10K winch - H4 LED headlight conversion - Metalcloak 6" dual-rate springs and 8" fenders

tyler

Post by tyler » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:56 pm

u still have that dust stuff?? how much more u think? might just go to a tire place and say here u go....but i know they wont use airsoft

Dynosoar

Post by Dynosoar » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:52 pm

I'll try to find my receipt, which told me how much they put in, when I get home from work. I thought it was like 10-12 ounces though. Yeah I'm still running the powder. It's not really powder, just tiny beads. Works great from what I've seen so far.
'03 TJ - RE long arms - ARB's - 35" Baja Claw TTC's - Revolution chromoly D44 rear - HP D30 front with Warn hub conversion - Teraflex high steer system - Rock Hard sport cage - Rough Country rear track bar - Halltrail engine skid - Rampage rear bumper - Engo 10K winch - H4 LED headlight conversion - Metalcloak 6" dual-rate springs and 8" fenders

frosty

Post by frosty » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:35 am

Not sure you will have much luck with asking a tire place to balance them using pellets. You can try adding more but my experience with Interco tires is they are notoriously difficult to balance. Beads or regular weights.
[quote]We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold.[/quote]

tyler

Post by tyler » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:21 am

frosty wrote:Not sure you will have much luck with asking a tire place to balance them using pellets. You can try adding more but my experience with Interco tires is they are notoriously difficult to balance. Beads or regular weights.

yea so it seems.....i figured it would be the EASSSSSSSY way..... more like the PITA way

Dynosoar

Post by Dynosoar » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:59 am

Yeah but it's easier than trying to balance a big tire like that with weights on a Harbor Freight wheel balancer. Don't try that. Talk to Ken's Service Center in Columbia. They did mine and I was very happy with them. I didn't get around to finding my receipt last night, but I'll look when I can.

ReneDave

Post by ReneDave » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:08 pm

What weight pellets did you use? The cheap K-mart .12g ones were useless for me. Added another 8oz of .28g pellets in each tire and they did the trick.
"I like when things catch fire and explode, which means I do not have your best interests in mind."

ReneDave

Post by ReneDave » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:11 pm

Btw, with that heavy tire you definitely need more weight than 8oz. The pellets need to counteract the out of balance parts of the tire with an equal offsetting weight, and with a heavy 36" tire the half a pound of pellets probably wouldn't be enough.
"I like when things catch fire and explode, which means I do not have your best interests in mind."

tyler

Post by tyler » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:48 am

i got the cheap wal mart ones, i finally got my amazon cheapo crack scale, checked what i put in and it was 17 oz... :shock: was gonna break the tires back down and take some out, then we got 4 feet lof snow so i may be a while

renbert

Post by renbert » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:20 pm

I had 37's and I put 12oz of the dynabeads per tire.