beadlocks

YJ, TJ, JK

Moderator: Board of Directors

tyler

beadlocks

Post by tyler » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:52 pm

in the market for some new rims since mine are all rusted out, anyone know anything about these? or know anything in the same price range that wont fall off going down the road?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aeo-53-184530

Dynosoar

Re: beadlocks

Post by Dynosoar » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:32 pm

I know nothing about beadlocks but I have two observations to point out about those wheels: 1) they are yellow 2) 3" of backspacing is a lot. If you are ok with those two things along with the fact they aren't DOT approved, maybe they'll be ok.
'03 TJ - RE long arms - ARB's - 35" Baja Claw TTC's - Revolution chromoly D44 rear - HP D30 front with Warn hub conversion - Teraflex high steer system - Rock Hard sport cage - Rough Country rear track bar - Halltrail engine skid - Rampage rear bumper - Engo 10K winch - H4 LED headlight conversion - Metalcloak 6" dual-rate springs and 8" fenders

tyler

Post by tyler » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:08 am

yeah i know, they have ones with 4 spacing, just wondering about that style/brand, since i ned rims, and for 50 bucks more a rim i can have beadlocks and be uber cool at the mall parking lot :twisted:

frosty

Post by frosty » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:14 pm

I think they might be geared more toward circle track guys. Tires are going to stick out a ways with 4" of BS. Ring looks a bit thin. Don't know anything about them though.
[quote]We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold.[/quote]

renbert

Post by renbert » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:20 am

I like Trail Ready beadlocks. They are tough and made in USA.