Nice !!

Announcements on other club trail rides

Moderator: Board of Directors

User avatar
Tiller8
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 463
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:11 am
Location: Right behind you

Re: Nice !!

Post by Tiller8 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Do YOU want to be out their wheeling with the drunk 22 year olds whose foot is stuck to the skinny pedal?


I resent this. :doubt:

User avatar
slvrjp00
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 3385
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:23 pm
Location: SouthSide of Heaven
Contact:

Re: Nice !!

Post by slvrjp00 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:49 pm

I'm gonna side with Karl on this one. His reason and logic makes way more sense to ME than what Jimmy is saying. I comment about the CamelBack with Redbull and vodka did remind me alot of when I was 22 though :D
I would rather smash my nuts with a rubber mallet than listen to you tell me how cool your jeep is!
RCROCS Class 2 #628 Team Minor Threat
Thanks to my sponsor Appalachian Offroad

User avatar
Keith_c
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 756
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:51 pm
Location: Mt. Airy/Damascus

Re: Nice !!

Post by Keith_c » Fri May 27, 2011 3:32 pm

They've edited the post. http://www.easternshorejeep.com/phpforu ... =10&t=2177

I'm certainly not going to play like I'm an angel.

My main concern was that it was posted in a public forum.

Kinda like: "What happens at (wherever) stays at (wherever)".

No need to give those that hate us (off-roaders) and would like to see us go away, ammo to use against us.

User avatar
john3676
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 2681
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:56 am
Location: Eastern Shore

Re: Nice !!

Post by john3676 » Fri May 27, 2011 4:00 pm

It's all BS, just like if some Re-re does not want to wear his or her seat belt. Should be your choice. To get blitzed and go off road is dumb I fell every one can see that. But to openly tell people they can drink and wheel is even more stupid. Tell everyone not to and less people will. Tell people they can and everyone will. Be accountable for your self. If you get tanked and hurt someone I care about I will be sitting next to youin the jail cell.

User avatar
jimmy21669
Trail Rated
Trail Rated
Posts: 322
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:56 pm
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Contact:

Re: Nice !!

Post by jimmy21669 » Fri May 27, 2011 4:27 pm

Yes Karl, we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

I believe in personal rights as much as the next man, but not at the expense of the safety of others.
1998 2 DR XJ....Work in progress.....
Going offroading and being mad about scratches is like visiting a house of ill repute and being mad about the shot of penicillin.
http://www.facebook.com/garrettfab

User avatar
wesleypipesyo
Autoerotic Post Whore
Autoerotic Post Whore
Posts: 9199
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:46 pm
Location: United Socialist States of America
Contact:

Re: Nice !!

Post by wesleypipesyo » Fri May 27, 2011 4:27 pm

It is one thing to go out and have a good time on the trails, pop a beer. People should know their personal limit. The problem is posting stupid shit in a public forum. Because people will automatically assume the worst. That is were the problem lies.
:jeff
jeepboy wrote:I'm not a fan of electric lime so I'm in!
NavinRJohnson wrote: And I was like: you want an angle grinder to the face old man?
clicky

01-20-13

User avatar
relwell
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 2158
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: too close for missles, switching to guns

Re: Nice !!

Post by relwell » Fri May 27, 2011 4:39 pm

Fixed it for you Tyler...
Tiller8 wrote:Do YOU want to be out their wheeling with the drunk 22 year olds whose foot is stuck to the skinny pedal?


I RESEMBLE this. :doubt:
I agree with...God save us...Jeff. There is no way to stop everyone from drinking and wheeling - and the same people that surf the wEbZ looking for a reason to bust out chops have skeletons of their own. Difference is they will win because we are out to have a good time and wrench, and they are out to have that chip permanently sewn to their shoulders scratched by making our lives as miserable as theirs.

If you can Karl it, then do it that way. If you want to Jimmy it, do it that way. But don't be an ass and tell the internets, because your pals don't care what you do - the crusaders do.
Image
98 TJ

User avatar
Cowboy
Got Tow-strap?
Got Tow-strap?
Posts: 7111
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:44 pm
Location: Bel Air
Contact:

Re: Nice !!

Post by Cowboy » Sat May 28, 2011 9:53 pm

I'm a long way from being an angel, I've done quite a bit of stuff inebriated that I shouldn't have...I have avoided hurting anyone besides myself though. The point I was making was simply to avoid handing the a gas can to the ones starting the fire to take our rights/privelages away; by posting in an open section of a forum.
'16 JK Rubicon
'16 JK-U Rubicon
'18 JK-U Altitude
'18 H-D Street Glide
Past Jeeps:'14 JK-U Rubicon, '05 Deflowered TJ Rubicon, '87 YJ Laredo

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
- Frank Sinatra

User avatar
karlvin08
Crotchety Old Bastard
Crotchety Old Bastard
Posts: 2251
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:35 pm
Location: Clarksville, TN
Contact:

Re: Nice !!

Post by karlvin08 » Sat May 28, 2011 9:56 pm

The open section of the forum part may have been a bit daft, but if it is in the bylaws it is readily available information anyway.
Overgunned? Hell, that's better than the alternative.
A big hole lets a lot of air in, and a lot of blood out.
E. Kieth

Reading is Fundamental

My 3 Favorite words..."Your prescriptions ready"
NavinRJohnson wrote:Sorry, but you guys are clueless. Any hair left on the badger interferes with the process, because the bits of the watermelon get caught in the hair. It's a sticky phucking mess. You don't really want to have to deal with that while looking for the quarter.

User avatar
Jacks or Better
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 2218
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 7:42 am
Location: Eastern Shore
Contact:

Re: Nice !!

Post by Jacks or Better » Sun May 29, 2011 3:35 am

jimmy21669 wrote:
karlvin08 wrote:
frosty wrote:Is it really any worse than holding a meet and greet at a bar/restaurant, drinking beers (how many is up to you to decide) and driving home?

I agree with Karl, you can enjoy a couple beers without going over board. But most automatically assume the worst.

Hmm, reason and logic. If I didn't know any better I would think you are new to this whole internet thing. :D You are right, I hadn't even thought of the M&G aspect. I enjoy beer, but I don't think I have had more than 3 in one sitting for several years. I have begun doing the quality over quantity thing. I probably spend as much on those few beers now as I did when I guzzled the cheap stuff, but enjoy it much more now. People think the same thing about riding a bike and having beers. I ride out to the tiki bar all the time and have a burger and a couple beers but some people seem to think if even a drop crosses your lips when you are on two wheels that your gas tank will explode, the wheels will come off and you will kill two bus loads of children on their way home from school. I don't get the alarmist way of thinking sometimes.


BUT...if you allow it for one, you allow it for all. Do YOU want to be out their wheeling with the drunk 22 year olds whose foot is stuck to the skinny pedal?

My argument is not about YOUR responsibility, but responsibility over all. Mybe you can temper yourself, but I GUARANTEE not everyone can.

THAT is reason and logic. If EVERYONE can not wheel and drink responsibly then NOONE does.
So you are saying that because people in general are not responsible enough, rules should be made up that prohibit them from certain behaviors and activities?
This Edit Button has been remade for PAT! Image

Image

User avatar
98ZJHagerstown
Trail Rated
Trail Rated
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: Nice !!

Post by 98ZJHagerstown » Sun May 29, 2011 8:11 am

jimmy21669 wrote: If EVERYONE can not wheel and drink responsibly then NOONE does.

Couldn't disagree more.

That's the same BS logic that "those people" use to try to take away gun rights...
:smt068
98 ZJ 5.2L
92 XJ 4.0L

Beer is Good... People are Crazy...

User avatar
jimmy21669
Trail Rated
Trail Rated
Posts: 322
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:56 pm
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Contact:

Re: Nice !!

Post by jimmy21669 » Sun May 29, 2011 9:56 am

jacks or better wrote:So you are saying that because people in general are not responsible enough, rules should be made up that prohibit them from certain behaviors and activities?

No, what I am saying is I have seen the results of drinking and driving and drinking and wheeling, and quite honestly, am surprised so many are willing to defend that right. I have known a person who rolled her CJ drunk and died. I have seen another gentleman permanently lose the use of his right arm.

Drinking and driving is illegal for a reason. Is your argument that if you want to go get hammered at a bar and drive home it should be your right to do so? Because remember, by giving YOU that right, I gave it to everyone else, and maybe when the family of four dead on the side of the road is yours, you may change your position? Or, will you say "well that kinda sucks, but it was his RIGHT to kill my family"?

Rights and freedoms are important. I get that, and I am not some tree hugging liberal sap. But what I do believe is that when a trend shows a pattern of the general public not being responsible enough to handle themselves, THEN we need to regulate it.

Remember, I won't convince you, and you won't convince me. This is just our position on the subject, and I respect yours, I just disagree.
1998 2 DR XJ....Work in progress.....
Going offroading and being mad about scratches is like visiting a house of ill repute and being mad about the shot of penicillin.
http://www.facebook.com/garrettfab

User avatar
karlvin08
Crotchety Old Bastard
Crotchety Old Bastard
Posts: 2251
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:35 pm
Location: Clarksville, TN
Contact:

Re: Nice !!

Post by karlvin08 » Sun May 29, 2011 12:54 pm

Jimmy, I see your point, but where does it stop? People get shot because SOME people misuse guns does that mean they should be banned. Lots of people die on motorcycles because they, or the other drivers around them are irresponsible, should we ban bikes, or cars? Those who are into taking things away have already started taking away the transfats food is cooked in and limiting the amount of salt we can have because some people don't understand the concept of moderation. What would your reaction be if someone decided that lifted off road vehicles were unsafe so we shouldn't have them? Personal rights are on a very slippery slope. Once you start allowing some of them to be taken, the rest aren't far behind if no one will stand up and fight.


First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Overgunned? Hell, that's better than the alternative.
A big hole lets a lot of air in, and a lot of blood out.
E. Kieth

Reading is Fundamental

My 3 Favorite words..."Your prescriptions ready"
NavinRJohnson wrote:Sorry, but you guys are clueless. Any hair left on the badger interferes with the process, because the bits of the watermelon get caught in the hair. It's a sticky phucking mess. You don't really want to have to deal with that while looking for the quarter.

User avatar
Keith_c
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 756
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:51 pm
Location: Mt. Airy/Damascus

Re: Nice !!

Post by Keith_c » Sun May 29, 2011 1:24 pm

98ZJHagerstown wrote:
jimmy21669 wrote: If EVERYONE can not wheel and drink responsibly then NOONE does.

Couldn't disagree more.

That's the same BS logic that "those people" use to try to take away gun rights...
:smt068
You are trying to compare what should be a common sense decision to a constitutional right.

You have to be either stupid or drunk to try to argue that alcohol does not affect a human's ability to do certain things.

Driving is one of them. Whether it be on a road or a trail.

And how would you police it? Do you have trail cops at each trail intersection checking to make sure no one has gone "over their limit" ?

I for one am glad that Bruce takes such a hardcore approach to this at RC.

I really do not want to be on the trail knowing there may be a drunken yahoo flying around the next corner toward me.

User avatar
karlvin08
Crotchety Old Bastard
Crotchety Old Bastard
Posts: 2251
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:35 pm
Location: Clarksville, TN
Contact:

Re: Nice !!

Post by karlvin08 » Sun May 29, 2011 1:56 pm

I don't think anyone here is advocating driving drunk, what is being argued by those of us that say it is okay to drink is why criminalize for lack of a better term someone who wants to be responsible, yet have a cold beer with lunch on the trail. Those who will get wasted and try to wheel will do so regardless of if it is allowed or not. They prove that by doing so on public roads. There are plenty of us who have a single beer with dinner and drive home without being impaired. The point I am trying to make is that it is silly to ban everyone from doing something because of a few bad apples. Bans are absolute, and it is generally the people who respect laws and rules who follow them, those who have little respect for the rules find ways to sneak around them and break them anyway. I just get irritated when I have to modify my behavior because someone else can't do the right thing. It doesn't just apply to this set of circumstances, but in many aspects of life. Admittedly though as I do not live up there anymore I don't have a dog in this fight, but it is still annoying to see people who want others to change what they do because of irresponsible individuals who have made poor decisions.
Overgunned? Hell, that's better than the alternative.
A big hole lets a lot of air in, and a lot of blood out.
E. Kieth

Reading is Fundamental

My 3 Favorite words..."Your prescriptions ready"
NavinRJohnson wrote:Sorry, but you guys are clueless. Any hair left on the badger interferes with the process, because the bits of the watermelon get caught in the hair. It's a sticky phucking mess. You don't really want to have to deal with that while looking for the quarter.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest