*LAND USE* Please Read

General land preservation info

Moderator: Board of Directors

JeepinJ1990

*LAND USE* Please Read

Post by JeepinJ1990 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:33 pm

I'm not sure how many of you surf Pirate 4x4, but, they are staring up another letter campaign to fight to keep the Hammer Trails open in Johnson Valley. The Marines want to take it over and turning it into another training area.

Pirate 4x4 has developed a letter generator, all you do is put in your information, copy/paste the sample letter they've written already, OR more effectively write your own (Its been spelled out step by step what you should include in each paragraph) and click submit.

It takes you at most 5 minutes to do.

So, please take the time out of your day to head over there and make out voice heard.

Link to Land Use ThreadClicky

Link to P4x4's Letter Generator (Also found in the first post of the thread I posted above)Clicky

The second link actually gives you two option's, one for Johnson Valley, the other for Barbara Boxers Wilderness bill. Feel free to do both.

Bump this thread when you send one.
Thanks Guys and Gals
1990 YJ Pretty Stock
1999 F-150

JeepinJ1990

Re: *LAND USE* Please Read

Post by JeepinJ1990 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:39 pm

Guess I'll start

Done.

Thats all you have to do, its not hard guys.
1990 YJ Pretty Stock
1999 F-150

JeepinJ1990

Post by JeepinJ1990 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:33 pm

What the hell guys, 13 views and nothing?

Not to mention the 10 views in the thread Doug38s posted in off topic on the same thing?

Come on, can you honestly say you know for 100% you won't be out there in the next 10 years and wish you did something to keep them open?

You all disapoint me.
1990 YJ Pretty Stock
1999 F-150

karlvin08
Crotchety Old Bastard
Crotchety Old Bastard

Post by karlvin08 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:31 am

I know I will be ostricized(sp) for this, but this is one land use thing I have a difficult time getting behind. The US Military is currently deployed to some very harsh terrain in Afghanistan, and if the powers that be think they need this land to replicate that so that the Marines coming over here are properly trained and more likely to come home alive, then I would have to support that. I know that there are alot of lands being closed for BS reasons, but this isn't one of them.
Overgunned? Hell, that's better than the alternative.
A big hole lets a lot of air in, and a lot of blood out.
E. Kieth

Reading is Fundamental

My 3 Favorite words..."Your prescriptions ready"
NavinRJohnson wrote:Sorry, but you guys are clueless. Any hair left on the badger interferes with the process, because the bits of the watermelon get caught in the hair. It's a sticky phucking mess. You don't really want to have to deal with that while looking for the quarter.

slvrjp00
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by slvrjp00 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:20 am

Letter sent. I completly support our troops and the US but there has to be other desert land that they can use with the same terrian. Don't be scared people nobodies going to think that you don't support our troops if you send a letter to try and stop the government from closing more land to the public.
I would rather smash my nuts with a rubber mallet than listen to you tell me how cool your jeep is!
RCROCS Class 2 #628 Team Minor Threat
Thanks to my sponsor Appalachian Offroad

JeepinJ1990

Post by JeepinJ1990 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:26 am

Hey everyone,

A new petition is up for the Johnson Valley OHV area. Copy/Pasted from Pirate...
We have a last minute need in the Johnson Valley effort as we've found out there is a chance to make EVERYONE happy...except the tree huggers...so it COULD be a WIN/WIN/DOUBLE WIN

With 10 days to go in this important comment period, a new push has been put together because it appears we can petition to get some land back that was illegally taken away many years ago by the enviro's. This land is ideal for the Marine expansion and if we can pull this off, we may have saved our beloved Johnson Valley.

This is a BRAND NEW petition and we need everyone to sign it. This is the easiest one yet as you don't even make comments, you just enter your name, address, and e-mail into the petition and hit a button...DONE in 30 seconds!

PLEASE, let's spread this to EVERY wheeler you know via e-mail, forum, MySpace, club meeting, phone call, whatever. REMEMBER, this must be submitted by Jan 31 so we're ALMOST out of time!!!

If you have multiple members in your family with e-mail accounts, have them enter as well! However, you must have a US address to sign. We don't condone fraud on these things because it could taint our argument. Please, be honest with your entries.

Cummon people, let's do this one right and surprise them with this move!!!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Save ... cificPlan/

Just to be specfic, after you sign it, it automatically takes you to a donations page, no way to get around it, you do NOT have to donate to have your signature count, just exit the window at that time, and your signature will be added.
1990 YJ Pretty Stock
1999 F-150