does anyone know when there reopening green ridge trail

General land preservation info

Moderator: Board of Directors

Post Reply
jk bstadt
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:43 pm

does anyone know when there reopening green ridge trail

Post by jk bstadt » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:48 pm

Does anyone know when they are reopening green ridge trail

User avatar
wesleypipesyo
Autoerotic Post Whore
Autoerotic Post Whore
Posts: 9199
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:46 pm
Location: United Socialist States of America
Contact:

Re: does anyone know when there reopening green ridge trail

Post by wesleypipesyo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:02 pm

jk bstadt wrote:Does anyone know if they are reopening green ridge trail

That might be a better question.
:jeff
jeepboy wrote:I'm not a fan of electric lime so I'm in!
NavinRJohnson wrote: And I was like: you want an angle grinder to the face old man?
clicky

01-20-13

jk bstadt
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: does anyone know when there reopening green ridge trail

Post by jk bstadt » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:10 pm

I know they closed it down for atvs for a fact but didn't know for certin about ohv I hunt up there so I'm up there a lot.

User avatar
wesleypipesyo
Autoerotic Post Whore
Autoerotic Post Whore
Posts: 9199
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:46 pm
Location: United Socialist States of America
Contact:

Re: does anyone know when there reopening green ridge trail

Post by wesleypipesyo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:17 pm

They are doing a land study to see if it is messed up from people driving through the mud
:jeff
jeepboy wrote:I'm not a fan of electric lime so I'm in!
NavinRJohnson wrote: And I was like: you want an angle grinder to the face old man?
clicky

01-20-13

User avatar
rj91jeep
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 1263
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: westminster
Contact:

Re: does anyone know when there reopening green ridge trail

Post by rj91jeep » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:36 pm

It is closed with no plan to reopen it. I will post a link once I get home and get on a real computer
--RMJ Fabrication--
91 Yj built 4.0L- currently being rebuilt
86 Cj7 - still got the body and title. one day it will be a jeep again
2000 F250 BOMBED 7.3L- towrig/DD

User avatar
Keith_c
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 756
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:51 pm
Location: Mt. Airy/Damascus

Re: does anyone know when there reopening green ridge trail

Post by Keith_c » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:40 pm

The study is done.

The closing(s) is(are) permanent.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/dnrnews/pres ... 50611b.asp

jk bstadt
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: does anyone know when there reopening green ridge trail

Post by jk bstadt » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:54 pm

Damn that sucks lol I was up there I wana say about 2 weeks ago nd went down east vally glad I didn't get in trouble it was kinda hard to make out the sign as if it was closed or not but had a falln tree in the trail anyway. Was gona cut it out the way but forgot my chainsaw.. as in the tree was to big to go under or over.

Well hope to get together with a couple of u guys for a trip soon.. anypme heading to rausch for topless for ta tas

User avatar
Jacks or Better
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 2218
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 7:42 am
Location: Eastern Shore
Contact:

Re: does anyone know when there reopening green ridge trail

Post by Jacks or Better » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:23 pm

The audit, which was completed last week, is part of the State’s effort to receive dual certification for all three western Maryland State Forests — a move that will protect the $950 million western Maryland forest products industry, which employs 9,200 people.
Do I misunderstand this??

They closed the forests to off-road vehicles to preserve them so that they will be around longer and can be cut down for toilet paper...?
This Edit Button has been remade for PAT! Image

Image

Copper
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 671
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: Behind Lukipela

Re: does anyone know when there reopening green ridge trail

Post by Copper » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Jacks or Better wrote:
The audit, which was completed last week, is part of the State’s effort to receive dual certification for all three western Maryland State Forests — a move that will protect the $950 million western Maryland forest products industry, which employs 9,200 people.
Do I misunderstand this??

They closed the forests to off-road vehicles to preserve them so that they will be around longer and can be cut down for toilet paper...?
Ha, you understand it perfectly, the trails are unsustainable due to the impact of the toilet paper industry.

It will be interesting to see these new trails in the future propaganda.

Now we poor people don't have a nice place to ride :(

jk bstadt
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: does anyone know when there reopening green ridge trail

Post by jk bstadt » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:06 pm

Ha they have to be crazy to think an established trail that's been there for years is effecting something lol nd by closing it down is gona do any better..

User avatar
MrSnowboard15
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:27 pm
Location: Gaithersburg

Re: does anyone know when there reopening green ridge trail

Post by MrSnowboard15 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:39 am

i doubt it, but is there anything we can do so reverse the situation?
Squirrels!

User avatar
Brent Borgaard
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 1459
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:24 am
Location: westminster
Contact:

Re: does anyone know when there reopening green ridge trail

Post by Brent Borgaard » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:41 am

jk bstadt wrote:Ha they have to be crazy to think an established trail that's been there for years is effecting something lol nd by closing it down is gona do any better..
They need to get us out of the way, for the logging trucks.
How did i spend four grand on parts in one month?

User avatar
BLK00TJ
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 622
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:33 am
Location: Finksburg, MD

Re: does anyone know when there reopening green ridge trail

Post by BLK00TJ » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:50 pm

Only in MD is it okay for kids to do wheelies up and down the streets of Baltimore City on dirt bikes and they close the only place left to go off-roading legally. I need to move :?
Ron

'00 TJ, 5spd, 4" suspension + 1.25" BL, 33x12.5 GY Duratracs, 185k+ miles and going strong

User avatar
e-jeep
Web Wheeler
Web Wheeler
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:51 pm
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

Re: does anyone know when there reopening green ridge trail

Post by e-jeep » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:26 pm

BLK00TJ wrote:Only in MD is it okay for kids to do wheelies up and down the streets of Baltimore City on dirt bikes and they close the only place left to go off-roading legally. I need to move :?

I second ^^^^ ...time to leave the left coast!! Arizona anyone?
Never more dangerous than when dead!

Copper
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 671
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: Behind Lukipela

Re: does anyone know when there reopening green ridge trail

Post by Copper » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:49 pm

e-jeep wrote:
BLK00TJ wrote:Only in MD is it okay for kids to do wheelies up and down the streets of Baltimore City on dirt bikes and they close the only place left to go off-roading legally. I need to move :?

I second ^^^^ ...time to leave the left coast!! Arizona anyone?
Maybe if more concerned citizens would start throwing marbles and broken glass into the street when these violators act up then they would start asking for more legal wheeling spots...for everyone :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest