New owner

KJ

Moderator: Board of Directors

rynosback

New owner

Post by rynosback » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:05 am

I just bought an 07 Liberty 2 days ago. She handles really good for being that high up. And you can't beat the lifetime power train warranty.
I have a couple of questions about some of the accessories for my new baby.
1.Does anyone have Jeeps part#82206761? It's a rear cargo mat, but it goes all the way when the seats are down. Vs the just the cargo area one part#82209255.
2.Which floor mats are the best ones to put in here. To better protect the interior?
3.Any tricks to get better gas millage? There are a few on eBay. Has anyone tried them and what where the results? I have a tornado on my RV and it gave me 1-2mpg more.
4. Any must do mods?
I'm sure I will have more questions in the feature, but for now I just wanted to say hello. :smt039
2007 Jeep Liberty

rynosback

Post by rynosback » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:07 am

Which mud flaps do you think are the best? There seem to be 3-4 different options from Jeep.
2007 Jeep Liberty

ReneDave

Post by ReneDave » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:49 am

Hey ryno, congratulations and welcome to the board!

I've seen the cargo area liner and liked it. I gotta confess I just went the cheap route and use a couple of old beach towels, though. Compares to the cargo tray the liner's not as rugged and doesn't contain spills (useful if you keep a pet back there), but it covers more and doesn't get in the way when you fold the seats flat.

Gas mileage and Jeep just don't belong in the same sentence together! Keep the tires properly inflated and take it easy on the skinny petal, and save your money on the eBay packages. The computer in your Liberty will quickly compensate for any additional air flow these devices provide and put you right back where you were.

I'm not a fan of mud flaps because they won't last past the first good rock/stump/log on the trail. For floor mats the regular carpet ones are good for most cases, but it you plan on tracking a lot of mud in get the slush mats. Heck, the slush mats are cheap enough to get and use for messy occasions.

Must do mods? :twisted: :twisted: How about a spring lift, 245/75R16 tires, skid plates, and rock rails? They make a Libby happy!

JMM

Post by JMM » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:09 am

Welcome!

Hope your are as happy with yours as I am with mine!

I went with the Husky mats all around - and while the cargo area does not cover the back of the seats when they are folded down it is a good fit and so far has proven up to the task.

Gas mileage is what it is, I hear that if you replace the air filter with something like a K&N you can get and extra mile or two out of it per gal but have not tried that.

I have been spending money on getting it ready for the trail and will go back after that kind of thing later.

If you are going to take it off road I would strongly suggest armoring and lifting it with the modifications mentioned by ReneDave as a start!

Hope to see you next Wednesday!
See ya!
JMM
So Far:
06 KJ Sport - Gone
68 M-715 - Gone
93 YJ - Gone
00 Ex
18 JL

slvrjp00
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by slvrjp00 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:19 am

MOD 1: Buy a wrangler lol
best thing to do is listen to dave he has a good set up.
went wheeling with him couple of weeks ago was very impressed by what the libby could do.

also there is a club ride at RC Oct 20 & 21 hope to see you there
I would rather smash my nuts with a rubber mallet than listen to you tell me how cool your jeep is!
RCROCS Class 2 #628 Team Minor Threat
Thanks to my sponsor Appalachian Offroad

m-l_johnny

Post by m-l_johnny » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:05 am

Dave is the Libby Man! :prayer:

Welcome to the club! :smt039
Hi. I'm Johnny.... And I'm a Jeep addict....

'76 CJ7 money pit of fun.
pics here

I am not Jonny Throttle.

Yes, I really am as stupid as I look.

pookie

Post by pookie » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:16 am

First off welcome. The Liberty's are taking over. Slowly....

As for gas mileage it's not going to get a lot better. But with that said I see 20-22 pretty regularly. Compare that to the Wrangler guys who are getting between 12-15 and you are doing great.

As for the Tornado I always thought they were BS and don't know of anyone using one on a Jeep.

As for floor mats I got some cheap ones from Wally world and they work great. I don't have a rear cargo mat as my dog has taken over the whole back area so there was no sense in me trying to keep it clean.

Mudflaps? Really? I never even knew they made those for the KJ probably because I see no reason in them. If you are going to take it off road they won't last, and I doubt you would ever see enough mud or dirt on the roadway to get any use out of them.
Current Jeep
2007 JK Sahara Unlimited, Steel Blue, 6spd, 4.10's, 33X12.5's, some other cheap stuff

Former Jeeps
2002 KJ Silver Liberty Limited Stock
1997 TJ Gun Metal Blue 4"RC Lift running 33 X 12.5 motivated by that monster 2.5 4 cyl.
1980 CJ 5 Smurf Blue, stripped rhino lined interior motivated by the Iron Duke baby
1994 Grand Cherokee Stock and well abused

Jacks or Better

Post by Jacks or Better » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:18 am

Hello back at ya Rynosback! Welcome to the club!
This Edit Button has been remade for PAT! Image

osiris

Post by osiris » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:29 am

Welcome to the club! You should come out to one of our meetings or on a trail ride. You'll have a blast!
32" BFG A/Ts, 2" RR BB, 15" Cragar Soft 8s, CB, Firestick Ant

From another forum
ancestralworm wrote: anything over a 1" BL is just fugly. looking at a tj gas tank over the top of the bumper is like looking at a fat girl with a g-string showing.

TJTank

Post by TJTank » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:30 am

welcome
2002 Dodge 2500 6spd CTD w/ some stuff
98TJ Sport Gathering Parts / Holding down Bosleys Jackstands

Thanks to: Adventurous4x4, Reid Racing

Cheap Bourbon Whiskey and Pearl Snap Shirts

[quote="NavinRJohnson"]Yea, turns out I didn't air down in utero and choose the perfect line out my my mother's labia rockin 35's sniffing out broken rock. We were newbs too, you know.[/quote]

MPETE

Post by MPETE » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:49 am

welcome to the site
mpg is not something to think about with a gas engine liberty
they are nice trucks inside and ride quite nice for a jeep
but they are heavy and not very economic for as small as they are

actually pookie's comment above is the first time I have EVAR heard of a liberty gettin mpg in the 20's
renedave said he sees 17-18 and that coincides with a couple people I work with who have or had libby's who said they get about 17 as well

but as mentioned
it could be worse
you could own a wrangler which only sees 15's or so if your lucky

as for the accessories
I want to get one of those full coverage covers as well for my cherokee but I am pretty sure they have been discontinued for a couple years now so I have just about givin up hope on gettin one
the mats that are out there in the aftermarket are rather pricey and not as much coverage

mudflaps
I have thought about em myself especially for winter use to keep the winter salt and crud off the XJ (rust bucket from the factory so anything will help) but I do too many impromtu trail explorations and I know they will get ripped off
hell my neon sees a bit of off pavement time and my front mudguards have been ripped off on both sides
I know the jeep's wouldnt last very long

just keep some quarters handy and hit the carwash periodically and use the high pressure hose underneath
my revolving door of vehicles contines to spin.........
now I have a 2011 F150. 5.0L

pookie

Post by pookie » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:24 pm

My 20-22 was interstate with my wife driving. The Liberty was her's and she used it as her DD. Then we sold my TJ and I took over. I've not seen 22, but I did see 20 on long road trip. 80 mph all day with the A/C on.
Current Jeep
2007 JK Sahara Unlimited, Steel Blue, 6spd, 4.10's, 33X12.5's, some other cheap stuff

Former Jeeps
2002 KJ Silver Liberty Limited Stock
1997 TJ Gun Metal Blue 4"RC Lift running 33 X 12.5 motivated by that monster 2.5 4 cyl.
1980 CJ 5 Smurf Blue, stripped rhino lined interior motivated by the Iron Duke baby
1994 Grand Cherokee Stock and well abused

rynosback

Post by rynosback » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:50 pm

pookie wrote:My 20-22 was interstate with my wife driving. The Liberty was her's and she used it as her DD. Then we sold my TJ and I took over. I've not seen 22, but I did see 20 on long road trip. 80 mph all day with the A/C on.
This was bought for my wife's DD as well. At this point and time I don't think we have plans to take it off road. I'll wait till the first ding happens. :twisted:
Thanks for the feedback and ride safe and have fun. :wink:
2007 Jeep Liberty

ReneDave

Post by ReneDave » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:07 pm

No problem using the Libby for a DD and grocery getter, that's what I call mine! :mrgreen: Just keep in the back of your mind that if your wife ever complains about the rough ride going over bumps a spring lift will make a world of difference - seriously. Also, the stock tires are a bit wimpy for handling the bulk of the Liberty. They do not do well in wet, snow, or ice. I dumped mine after a few months for Firestone Destination ATs.

By the way, what's the specs on your Libby?

rynosback

Post by rynosback » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:23 pm

I have an cackie 07 Liberty 4X4 Sport, 6 speed manual, better rims, 6 disc in dash CD player, tinted windows and satellite radio.
2007 Jeep Liberty