Big Dogs Roll Call!!!

Announcements on MJC trail rides

Moderator: Board of Directors

GRAHAMontherocks

Re: Big Dogs Roll Call!!!

Post by GRAHAMontherocks » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:49 pm

Nope, sorry Dylan. I am not much of a picture taker.

bigbirdcj

Post by bigbirdcj » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:17 pm

I tried to get Spur to take some pics, he's useless.
'67 CJ-5
'79 CJ-7
'03 Rubicon

JeepGuy21

Post by JeepGuy21 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:27 am

bigbirdcj wrote:I tried to get Spur to take some pics, he's useless.
LOL

Brett on Squealer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHqc5Zoi ... RKDxK3aMdA

JeepGuy21

Post by JeepGuy21 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:40 pm

Roll call for Main Jambo!!!

JeepGuy21

Post by JeepGuy21 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:45 pm

Nobody? :flipoff:

slvrjp00
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by slvrjp00 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:45 pm

In.
I would rather smash my nuts with a rubber mallet than listen to you tell me how cool your jeep is!
RCROCS Class 2 #628 Team Minor Threat
Thanks to my sponsor Appalachian Offroad

JeepGuy21

Post by JeepGuy21 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:23 pm

Wheeling with the MD Creepers crew? I will stop by and say hello.

slvrjp00
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by slvrjp00 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:00 pm

JeepGuy21 wrote:Wheeling with the MD Creepers crew? I will stop by and say hello.
Yeah. Hoping to be in camp 6 round noon on Thursday.
I would rather smash my nuts with a rubber mallet than listen to you tell me how cool your jeep is!
RCROCS Class 2 #628 Team Minor Threat
Thanks to my sponsor Appalachian Offroad

jeepboy

Post by jeepboy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:04 pm

What's up people !! No body's going to the best wheeling weekend of the summer!! I'm going so count me in Dylan, hopefully I'll be there Thursday nite but if that nasty storm rolls threw I might not be there until Friday morning. So if anyone else wants to go you can pm me if you want to find out details on what we r doing.
Got JEEPS.....

JeepGuy21

Post by JeepGuy21 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:49 pm

The hardest part in writing these trail reports is a good starting sentence. As promised, my trail recap from this weekend.

Thursday morning I had most of my gear packed and ready for Big Dogs Main Jambo. After a few last minute tasks I was on my way around 11am to Gore, VA for a great weekend of trail riding. The truck did well towing the Jeep, I had a brake controller malfunction and did not have any trailer brakes for a portion of the trip. The truck is in need of a tuner to help pull the steeper grades.

I arrived at the Cove Campground around 2:30pm and started to get camp setup. I was expecting my friend Will and his wife Steph along with my buddy Brad to get there later that evening. Cell service is almost non existent but I was able to get in contact with Brad and he would be there early tomorrow morning due to a heavy rain storm near his home in Annapolis. Later that night I had gotten a call from Steph that their RV had broken down (CPS) a few miles from the Cove. I had spent most of my afternoon with my buddy Sailor Jerry :cheers2: but would gladly let them borrow my truck if they wanted to come and pick me up. A local ended up using his backhoe to pull the RV off the road and they would fix it in the morning.

On Friday morning I met Will and Steph at their camp and we decided to hit the trails. Brad was running late and would be at camp around noon. Will took lead and brought us over to Trickle and Wahoo. Both of these trails follow a creek bed, they are not difficult but a good trail to start the weekend. After quickly navigating both, we decided to head back to camp and check for Brad. We did stop at the staging area for some flex shots though. :laugh:

We found Brad back at camp and decided to run a few more trails before the sun started to set. We ran Boulder and Death Valley where I took over as trail guide. More difficult than the previous mentioned trails but nothing extreme. (I will add pics when they are available.) We made our way back to camp for burgers and brats before stopping by the Camp 6 mudpit. No one made it through the pit, but the guy who won the bounty money hit the pit sideways foot to floor v8 screaming rock bouncer style and destroyed his front D60. The recovery rig almost rolled it over but hit the throttle at the last second and saved it. It was awesome. Eugene Rose called it the "Hillbilly Condom" as it was wrapped in saran wrap. :rofl:

On Saturday I continued to be our trail guide and wanted to start the day with Pennsyltucky. I had ran the trail last year and I knew it would take a few hours to complete. A group of about 15 rigs were already ahead of us so I made the decision to run a few different trails instead. I led us over to Cobra, a rocky uphill trail that eventually brought us onto Corum. I smashed my cowl on Corum at Spring Fling, so it was nice getting revenge and running it without trouble. We circled back around to the top of Cobra and then crossed back over Corum to shortcut to the Mine Spring trail (access road.) We then followed Mine Spring to Sissy and up Nasty. We had lunch at Camp 8 (small clearing at the top of the mountain) and took Timber back to camp. From there our group went down Berkeley Springs and stopped at V trail, but Will and Steph needed to leave to go to the Brantley Gilbert concert in Frederick. We headed back to camp to relax before the Saturday night celebration at the staging area.

I decided to go and explore while Brad chilled back at camp. I visited one of the overlooks that I have never been to and ended up meeting a club buddy while driving around. This was his first Big Dogs event and it wasn't off to the best start. I decided to show Ray around and led him up to a different overlook. We took Berkeley Springs towards V trail and cruised it without trouble. Another trail I got my revenge on! (Fall Crawl 2013 / ARB Locker) The Saturday night celebration was a good time, a Samurai buggy on 54s got stuck on the rock pile. That was an interesting recovery.

On Sunday I met Will and Ray for a few trails before we packed up and headed home. Will took lead and brought us over to Pennsyltucky. There was no one ahead of us this time so we committed to the trail. We ran the trail without any issue, alot quicker than last time as well. Ray made his way back to camp and Will and I continued on. We had noted a new trail near Nasty yesterday, so we made our way there. It was a fun rock trail that went up and down the side of a hill, Will ended up smashing his finger very badly though. After finishing the trail we packed up camp and had Sonic before heading our separate ways. See you at Icebreakers.

john3676

Post by john3676 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:54 am

:flipoff: "too many rocks on that trail" :flipoff:

fdkss03

Post by fdkss03 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:03 am

Thanks for showing me around Dylan! First time to Big Dogs.... but wont be my last!

Also talked to the Cove, if we can get groups no larger than 20 jeeps... we are welcome to come run trails anytime.
Attachments
IMG_2714[1].JPG
IMG_2705[1].JPG
IMG_2731[1].JPG
IMG_2700[1].JPG
What is a "free" gift ? Aren't all gifts free?
99 Black TJ - Frederick MD

JeepGuy21

Post by JeepGuy21 » Sun May 24, 2015 10:31 pm

Who's in for Spring Fling? :popcorn:

illyb
Trail Rated
Trail Rated

Post by illyb » Mon May 25, 2015 10:12 am

JeepGuy21 wrote:Who's in for Spring Fling? :popcorn:
If I have four working brakes, I'm in! I'm trying like hell to figure out what the root cause is of my recent on trail cut brake mod...
2008 JK on Jack Stands