club ride to Rausch Creek on the 28th ?

Announcements on MJC trail rides

Moderator: Board of Directors

Dynosoar

Re: club ride to Rausch Creek on the 28th ?

Post by Dynosoar » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:38 pm

If I go and my junk breaks the rest of the way, I'm making one of you bad influences tow me off the trail and all the way back to MD :smt097 Is this RC trip on the 28th still happening?
'03 TJ - RE long arms - ARB's - 35" Baja Claw TTC's - Revolution chromoly D44 rear - HP D30 front with Warn hub conversion - Teraflex high steer system - Rock Hard sport cage - Rough Country rear track bar - Halltrail engine skid - Rampage rear bumper - Engo 10K winch - H4 LED headlight conversion - Metalcloak 6" dual-rate springs and 8" fenders

illyb
Trail Rated
Trail Rated

Post by illyb » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:12 pm

Dynosoar wrote:Yes, it looks like it's just one tooth and the pinion gear seems fine. Seriously? Seems like I'd just be asking for more trouble if I left it. How long do you think that would last? And remember, I don't trailer my rig like all you fancy people. Sucks because everything was coming together--I can finish my shaft installation tonight and my control arms are sposed to be here tomorrow.
If you are really only missing one tooth and all of the other teeth are good, I'd think you'd be fine for the entire weekend if your pinion is good. Assuming your ring and pinion are installed correctly, you will have at least one or two teeth engaged with your pinion at all times. You're gonna drive home in two wheel drive anyway ... why not four wheel for a couple days?
2008 JK on Jack Stands

Dynosoar

Post by Dynosoar » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:35 pm

Well I'm pretty sure my pinion depth isn't set correctly. I noticed that a few months ago, and was concerned then that it would cause breakage--I just didn't think it would be this soon. Looks like it's not deep enough because it's hitting the outside edge of the ring gear rather than the middle. That is also where the breakage occurred. So I dunno if it will grip the remaining teeth well enough or not.
'03 TJ - RE long arms - ARB's - 35" Baja Claw TTC's - Revolution chromoly D44 rear - HP D30 front with Warn hub conversion - Teraflex high steer system - Rock Hard sport cage - Rough Country rear track bar - Halltrail engine skid - Rampage rear bumper - Engo 10K winch - H4 LED headlight conversion - Metalcloak 6" dual-rate springs and 8" fenders

Hillbill
Web Wheeler
Web Wheeler

Post by Hillbill » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:23 am

I'm still planning on the 28th at RC, I start installing a skid plates and bumpers tonight.
Brian you still in for the 28th?

bstupar

Post by bstupar » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:53 pm

Yep I'm still in for the 28th
'14 JK Willys. 2.5" TF lift, 35s, 4.88s

bstupar

Post by bstupar » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:25 am

Let's meet at the park - 9am in the small lot next to the office where the air compressors are.
'14 JK Willys. 2.5" TF lift, 35s, 4.88s

Dynosoar

Post by Dynosoar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:23 am

I'm not gonna make it tomorrow, unfortunately. Just wanted ya'll to know so you aren't waiting up for me. Hope all you guys at Big Dogs didn't get washed away. I bet Trickle was more like white water rapids.