Wheeling August 1st.

Announcements on MJC trail rides

Moderator: Board of Directors

halltrail
The Board
The Board

Wheeling August 1st.

Post by halltrail » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:00 pm

Any one up for wheeling the weekend of Aug 1st? Im going to head up Thursday or Friday and wheel Sat. Blues through Reds. Doesnt matter to me. My son will be driving his girlfriend in my jeep...so it would be great to get a right seat with someone if possible.
99 TJ, 3spd auto, 4.5" BDS Lift, JKS 1.25" BL/1" MML, SYE, 36" TSL Bias, D44 rear - ARB locker, HP44-spool upfront, 4.56 gears, Hydro assist.

Dynosoar

Re: Wheeling August 1st.

Post by Dynosoar » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:13 am

I think I can go, but won't be able to do reds with my busted ring gear. Ahem.
'03 TJ - RE long arms - ARB's - 35" Baja Claw TTC's - Revolution chromoly D44 rear - HP D30 front with Warn hub conversion - Teraflex high steer system - Rock Hard sport cage - Rough Country rear track bar - Halltrail engine skid - Rampage rear bumper - Engo 10K winch - H4 LED headlight conversion - Metalcloak 6" dual-rate springs and 8" fenders

halltrail
The Board
The Board

Post by halltrail » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:08 am

Awesome steve, well, I guess ill have to see if we can get that ring gear fixed before then.
99 TJ, 3spd auto, 4.5" BDS Lift, JKS 1.25" BL/1" MML, SYE, 36" TSL Bias, D44 rear - ARB locker, HP44-spool upfront, 4.56 gears, Hydro assist.

slvrjp00
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by slvrjp00 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:49 pm

As long as my jeep makes it through this weekend at rc I'm in. Wheel whatever Saturday only.
I would rather smash my nuts with a rubber mallet than listen to you tell me how cool your jeep is!
RCROCS Class 2 #628 Team Minor Threat
Thanks to my sponsor Appalachian Offroad

halltrail
The Board
The Board

Post by halltrail » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:33 pm

slvrjp00 wrote:As long as my jeep makes it through this weekend at rc I'm in. Wheel whatever Saturday only.
OOOH Shit...that will be awesome Skyler. Hope your jeep makes it through...looks like I will need to meet you somewhere after the comp and grab the axle shaft. Do you want to meet in waldorf or bowie? Ill buy you dinner for the trouble.

Who else is going to come up? Steve and skyler...already going to be a good trip. Steve, ill check and see if I can get your ring gear done in time...might be tight time wise. Ill let you know tomorrow.

Doesnt Cowboy still have a jeep? Wtf?

Dynosoar

Post by Dynosoar » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:51 pm

halltrail wrote:
slvrjp00 wrote:Steve, ill check and see if I can get your ring gear done in time...might be tight time wise. Ill let you know tomorrow.
I just found out my buddy is having a housewarming party that day so I'm a maybe, unfortunately. Still leaning towards wheelin though. No hurry on the gears. I don't want you to feel rushed. I can just bypass the reds. Less a-hole puckering that way anyways. But yeah we can figure it out tomorrow.
'03 TJ - RE long arms - ARB's - 35" Baja Claw TTC's - Revolution chromoly D44 rear - HP D30 front with Warn hub conversion - Teraflex high steer system - Rock Hard sport cage - Rough Country rear track bar - Halltrail engine skid - Rampage rear bumper - Engo 10K winch - H4 LED headlight conversion - Metalcloak 6" dual-rate springs and 8" fenders

Dynosoar

Post by Dynosoar » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:16 pm

I randomly decided to go up to RC this weekend and hung out with Skyler and he sounded like he's still in for wheelin next weekend, but I think I'm gonna have to bail. Too many things happening that I probably shouldn't neglect. Sorry guys.

slvrjp00
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by slvrjp00 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:09 pm

Bent the front track bare blew two tires on the trailer on the way home. Had a great time wheeling so yeah I still in.
I would rather smash my nuts with a rubber mallet than listen to you tell me how cool your jeep is!
RCROCS Class 2 #628 Team Minor Threat
Thanks to my sponsor Appalachian Offroad

halltrail
The Board
The Board

Post by halltrail » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:33 pm

haha...thats great Skyler. ok. we chat about the weekend a bit tomorrow morning.

sherwoodiv

Post by sherwoodiv » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:08 pm

slvrjp00 wrote:Bent the front track bare blew two tires on the trailer on the way home. Had a great time wheeling so yeah I still in.
Why does at least one person seem to blow out a trailer tire each trip? I'm curious because I want a trailer.
91 YJ with some rust
01 TJ barely legal

frosty

Post by frosty » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:14 am

sherwoodiv wrote:
slvrjp00 wrote:Bent the front track bare blew two tires on the trailer on the way home. Had a great time wheeling so yeah I still in.
Why does at least one person seem to blow out a trailer tire each trip? I'm curious because I want a trailer.
Just guesses.

Trailers can sit long periods who knows where before being used.
They are loaded up near max.
Possibly neglected maintenance and tire inflation.
Sun/UV damange seems to take its toll on trailers tires faster.
Run over their recommended speed rating.
When one blows it over loads the other tire on that side and might do some damage so its next on the list to go.

And the list could go on. I've gotten to the point I normally carry 3 spares.
[quote]We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold.[/quote]

halltrail
The Board
The Board

Post by halltrail » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:07 am

frosty wrote:
sherwoodiv wrote:
Just guesses.

Trailers can sit long periods who knows where before being used.
They are loaded up near max.
Possibly neglected maintenance and tire inflation.
Sun/UV damange seems to take its toll on trailers tires faster.
Run over their recommended speed rating.
When one blows it over loads the other tire on that side and might do some damage so its next on the list to go.

And the list could go on. I've gotten to the point I normally carry 3 spares.

What Frosty said.

My experience with a 7k trailer was that I was over max limits. On a steel trailer bed, I was left with less then 5000 lbs carry capacity. My jeep and gear was probably over that amount. I was wearing down the tires fast and uneven and I was buying a new tire every few trips to keep from blowing one out. I even bought brand new axles to make sure they werent bent. Same problem existed. Sold that trailer and bought a 12k trailer. No problem with the tires. knock on wood.

If you are looking, Id look for at least a 10k trailer (two 5k axles) That should give you 6500 to 7000lbs capacity. Plus a little room to spare. Otherwise be prepared to go through tires a lot.

Skylers trailer is pretty light...since he uses a open center trailer. My guess is he just hasnt been wheeling a lot. :flipoff:

hahaahaha

ripster

Post by ripster » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:37 am

Dynosoar wrote:I randomly decided to go up to RC this weekend...
Horseshoe.jpg
Stu on Horseshoe.jpg

Dynosoar

Post by Dynosoar » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:55 am

Nice to put a MJC name to your face! Enjoyed wheelin with you guys on Sunday. I ended up ordering some Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC's since I popped that tire for no good reason on J and was looking for an excuse to get new tires anyways.

Anyone want some cheap 35" Dunlop Mud Rovers? Still have lots of tread left and served me well for a cheap tire with 2-ply sidewalls. Until Sunday, that is.

Toaddragon

Post by Toaddragon » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:27 pm

Chiming in on the trailer tire bit, I have only had one blow out and they were pretty old, the trailer was way over loaded with cut wood. Needing mine recently to help a friend I had one flat so put the spare on and get a new tire I already had on hand mounted in town which once mounted ended up getting mounted right there in the parking lot. later that night I went online and ordered all new brakes and 3 more new tires already on rims ready to go. Maintenance can be a pain but its better then fixing it on the side of the road or worse. I have been happy with my 7k PJ 18' trailer but I would like to upgrade to a heavy duty deck over goose. If you can pull a larger trailer or can find one for a good price the higher capacity trailers are nice.
Can I get a push?

2006 F250 Super Duty Powerstoke, Crew cab, Tow rig
2000 WJ 4'' RC lift Grocery Getter and RC approved.
2000 XJ Stock but getting a heart transplant
1989 6.2L Detroit Turbo Diesel YJ, 6'' lift, 35's D44 F&R, SM465, NP205, Woody's shafts, Confederate Bikini air freshener.
1989 YJ - Project (SBF, axles, ect)
1988 Grand Wagoneer
1983 Wagoneer Limited