Rausch Sat 10/24 anyone?

Announcements on MJC trail rides

Moderator: Board of Directors

Dynosoar

Re: Rausch Sat 10/24 anyone?

Post by Dynosoar » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:13 pm

Holy crap, Brad's alive! As promised, here are some pics and commentary, mostly of Tyler's carnage.
Attachments
IMG_3321.JPG
Tyler did some wheelin without breaking stuff too!
IMG_3336.JPG
Tyler sorta missed his line and got this rock nice and crammed all up in his steering. All I could do was watch and shake my head.
IMG_3330.JPG
Tyler managed to somehow pinch one of his 8 inch long valve stems on a rock on Cemetery and had to change out a spare in an inconvenient spot.
IMG_3299.JPG
Tyler bending his new brake line. RC sells them, btw.
IMG_3295.JPG
This off-camber left turn drove Tyler's tire into his hard brake line and punctured it, which caused him to lose his brakes and almost go careening uncontrollably down the side of a steep hill and taking me with him.
IMG_3287.JPG
I kinda want to put my Jeep in a dumpster right about now too.
IMG_3277.JPG
Not sure if you can see the sticker on the side of Eric's Jeep, but it says, "It's a rock, get over it." To be fair, he eventually got over it.
'03 TJ - RE long arms - ARB's - 35" Baja Claw TTC's - Revolution chromoly D44 rear - HP D30 front with Warn hub conversion - Teraflex high steer system - Rock Hard sport cage - Rough Country rear track bar - Halltrail engine skid - Rampage rear bumper - Engo 10K winch - H4 LED headlight conversion - Metalcloak 6" dual-rate springs and 8" fenders

Dynosoar

Post by Dynosoar » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:32 pm

And here are the rest:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1106617153 ... directlink

Eric, to answer your question more specifically, I was screwing around at Lake Christy and did a hill climb with a big rock in the middle of the trail (I think that's what is shown in the 3rd picture down that Tyler posted). I think because the weight of the jeep was on the back axle as it was being flexed, it just put too much pressure on my already chipped ring gear.
'03 TJ - RE long arms - ARB's - 35" Baja Claw TTC's - Revolution chromoly D44 rear - HP D30 front with Warn hub conversion - Teraflex high steer system - Rock Hard sport cage - Rough Country rear track bar - Halltrail engine skid - Rampage rear bumper - Engo 10K winch - H4 LED headlight conversion - Metalcloak 6" dual-rate springs and 8" fenders

tyler

Post by tyler » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:59 pm

ahhh that makes sense for your ring gear, you were flexed like crazy...

cool pics man , i love seeing them but never take any ...damn no wonder my tire got to my brake line!!

JeepGuy21

Post by JeepGuy21 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:18 pm

Eric,

How did the new truck do pulling your JK?

eric777

Post by eric777 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:49 am

The F150 did great pulling the JKU. Steve was behind me the whole time, he can attest. Averaged 10mpg up and back. Not bad for a twin turbo V6.

Here is the link to my pics and vids -> Eric's pics

Dynosoar

Post by Dynosoar » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:19 pm

Yeah I was shocked. It seemed like the F150 wasn't towing anything at all. He was accelerating faster up hills than I was with my TJ's overdrive off. What's interesting is the F150 V6 ecoboost has more HP and torque and therefore better towing capacity than the V8, according to Eric and Bud.

Nice pics. Glad we got some documentation of my Crawl Daddy success!